Friday, March 20, 2020

Sherwood Chourou ~ Week 43 in Japan

Konnichiwa, Mina-san!

I have a number of announcements for this week. First off, I'm not dead. The Japan Sapporo Mission and a number of others have their missionaries under self-isolation with respect to the Corona virus. This is not the same as quarantine, since we do not have the virus ourselves (we don't think, at least), and we are allowed to leave our apartments to go to the church for online dendou (missionary work) and to the store for shopping (as long as we wear special filter masks). Second, I'm no longer in Wakkanai. In fact, I'm back down in southern Hokkaido in a city named Muroran, which happens to be in the same district as Hakodate, my area from before Wakkanai! Third, to go with number 2, I am now companions with Elder Kaga, another Japanese companion. Something tells me that God's trying to make sure I become fluent in these two years, and it's working.
Due to our previously-established circumstances, there is not much in the way for us to do besides make videos and post things on social media to invite others to learn about the gospel, so I probably won't have much to say in these emails for an indeterminate amount of time. However, let the record show that we are doing all we can out here to be a light on a hill to those wandering in the darkness of these difficult times. I hope that everyone back home will join us in our efforts, so please, pray for the missionaries to be able to help God's children and that everyone will be able to heal and be healthy! You all stay healthy, too, and have a good week! Matta ne!

Photos:
 - I don't got a lot in the way of pictures rn, but I had a crepe!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sherwood Chourou - Week 38 in Japan

Konnichiwa! We are back to the slowish days once more. We've been dendoing and teaching plenty, but nothing outstanding has arisen ...