Monday, February 24, 2020

Sherwood Chourou - week 42 in Japan

Konnichiwa!

IT'S HAPPENING AGAAAAIN!!! For those who haven't been keeping track of the math, it's transfer week, and I'm about to officially become a middle-aged missionary! It's still weirding me out. I've been away from home almost a year now, and only one more until I'm back. *shudders*
Anyways (let's see how many times I can start my paragraphs with that before I think of a better transition word), we've had one more mild week in Japan... Except people are dying of a DEADLY VIRUS! I'm betting everyone back home has better access to the news than I do, so you're probably aware of the Corona Virus epidemic going on in Asia. Fortunately for us, Japan has been slower about catching the virus than other contries, but two weeks behind isn't quite as cozy of a buffer as we could hope for. Worry not, dear friends, for as far as we know, none of the missionaries in our mission have been infected, and should we contract it, we have special masks for quarantine. In my utmost simplicity, we're fine (at least for now).
As for dendou, we got to teach an FFEP (Free Family English Program) lesson to a half-Japanese, half-Romanian family (a rare combination, as far as I'm aware). This was my first time teaching this kind of lesson, consisting of 30 minutes of English learning tailored to the students' level, followed by 30 minutes of gospel learning, but I think we pulled it off pretty well. I'm making pictures of the alphabet letters to help the next missionaries (or me, if I stick around against all odds), ones which I'd be lying about if I claimed they weren't heavily based on the Letter Factory video by LeapFrog. So yeah, that's probably going somewhere good.
That's all I can think of in particular, but I do have a couple pictures to send from assorted miscellany. Do enjoy, have a good week, and stay healthy everyone! Matta ne!

Pics:
 - Hehe...there's no "L" in Japanese...heheheh.
 - We went up to the northern point again today. The member taking the picture didn't wait for me to get up there, but I'm not complaining.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sherwood Chourou - Week 38 in Japan

Konnichiwa! We are back to the slowish days once more. We've been dendoing and teaching plenty, but nothing outstanding has arisen ...