Monday, October 28, 2019

Sherwood Chourou - Week 25 in Japan

Konnichiwa, Mina-san!

I moved again! This time, I've been transfered up to Wakkanai, the northernmost part of Hokkaido. If you look out from the shore, you can actually see Russia! My new companion is Murakami Chourou. He actually flew up to Japan with me from the MTC, so that's cool!
Traveling up here was actually a bit of an adventure (not much, but more interesting than usual). First off, getting from Hakodate to Wakkanai takes twelve hours by bus, which meant I was pretty much riding all day. To add up, we actually misunderstood our travel plans and had to take a later bus, pushing my arrival time an hour or two back! From there it went pretty smoothly, until the last stop when the bus driver almost left before I could get off (a member who came to give me a ride to the apartment saved me). That was pretty wild, overall.
Anyways, last Friday, the branch had a Halloween party which I had the privilege to dress up for (I started making a costume for the Hakodate Halloween party two weeks ago, and I was infinitely relieved when I learned that Wakkanai would have one, too)! We did some english games like Telephone, Charades and Pictionary, after which we had some refreshments while the kids beat up a piƱata we made (I was well satisfied with the results). The members took many photos, so I'll be sending a Google Photos album link for those.
That's the bulk of this week. Hope everyone is doing great back home! Matta ne!

Photos:



Sherwood Chourou was in Hakodate and is now in Wakkanai - the map below shows the locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sherwood Chourou - Week 38 in Japan

Konnichiwa! We are back to the slowish days once more. We've been dendoing and teaching plenty, but nothing outstanding has arisen ...