Friday, August 16, 2019

Sherwood Chourou - Week 14 in Japan

Konnichiwa!

It's been a pretty good week over here. Unfortunately, Fun didn't get baptized like we hoped, but we're continuing to meet with him an are trying to shoot for a later date. In the meantime, we got 2 new shinyuu whom we had the privilege to eat omurice (omlette rice) with for lunch today! They seem fairly interested, so we have high hopes for them.

Last pday, after I sent the email, we did a hike up a nearby hill and the observation tower thereon. It was cool, and we took a couple pictures. When we were taking the picture of all 3 of us, Burton chourou had to run around the tower to get to us, so we got 1 picture without him and 1 with him in perfect position! That was amazing.

Today we're having district pday, for which it was decided that I would run a game of dungeons and dragons. I never would have thought that my knowledge of that game would be of use to me on my mission, but it seems the mission field is full of surprises. It was difficult, but I was able to cram some gospel messages into the puzzles. Hope they get across.

I guess that's it for this week. Once again, I hope everyone's well, and enjoy the photos! Matte ne!

Photos
- bridge through the woods behind the tower
- various photos on the observation tower
- us and our new shinyuu








No comments:

Post a Comment

Sherwood Chourou - Week 38 in Japan

Konnichiwa! We are back to the slowish days once more. We've been dendoing and teaching plenty, but nothing outstanding has arisen ...