Saturday, August 31, 2019

Sherwood Chourou - Weed 15 in Japan

Konnichiwa!

We had a pretty good week this week. Burton chourou went home so Richards chourou and I are a two-o now. Last Saturday, we got a potential shinyuu who gave us many taffys and some pez. After that, we met 3 nice old ladies in a row. It was pretty great.

Yesterday, we met a Buddhist grandma who tried to teach us about Buddhism but failed because we don't understand Japanese. It was curious. There were also billions of dragonflies flying around, which was pretty wild. There may be a dragonfly migration or something, I don't know.

Story time: This actually happened a month or so ago, but apparently I didn't mention it. Burton chourou and I were walking home when we met a guy on the street. Very early in the conversation, he said he was an undercover cop (kinda blew your cover there, buddy), which kinda freaked us out in a "did we accidentally break a law?" kind of way. It turned out he was just warning us that there may have been a thief in the area, which I may as well note is an impressive rarity in Japan. But yeah, that was interesting.

Anyways, that's all I've got. I'm including a photo of the candies we got and some photos from around town (because I still need to do that). Enjoy, and have a good week! Matte ne!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sherwood Chourou - Week 38 in Japan

Konnichiwa! We are back to the slowish days once more. We've been dendoing and teaching plenty, but nothing outstanding has arisen ...