Monday, July 15, 2019

Sherwood Chourou - Week 10 in Japan

Konnichiwa!

I've had yet another good week this last week. It was brought to our attention, last Thursday, that the Pocatello kids couldn't come to church because they had to spend one of their 2 Sundays with thekr host families, so they had valid excuse. This week, however, only 2 of the 8 or so members of the group came to church! They left today, so we never got a chance to call them to repentance. We saw them at a little festival on Friday, though.

The festival consisted of pretty much just dancing in a line walking around the streets. I couldn't get much in the way of pictures due to rain, put I did manage to take a photo of a group of Power Rangers in the line. On Saturday, we went to a BBQ at someone's farm and met a bunch of Americans! It was wild. I ate my first clam there, too. Twas tasty.

Today, we went to a rose garden, which was pretty cool all things considered. I think my favorite part was looking at all the names, most of which were either really appropriate or just ridiculous. I also saw a sign post that was losing its letters. I'm including pictures of that and some noteworthy roses we saw.

Anyways, that's about all worth mentioning over here. Hope everyone's doing well! Matte ne!

Pictures included:
- Go Go Power Rangers!
- Piano phone (yes, that is a phone)
- P Old Rose
    ath
           o
- Fabulous! Rose (indeed)
- Lavaglut Rose (very appropriate)
- Dream Come True Rose (Disney Princess tier naming)
- Prince of Peace Rose (Jesus!)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Sherwood Chourou - Week 38 in Japan

Konnichiwa! We are back to the slowish days once more. We've been dendoing and teaching plenty, but nothing outstanding has arisen ...