Monday, July 15, 2019

Sherwood Chourou - Week 9 in Japan

Konnichiwa mina-san!

It's been another good week over here. Since Iwamizawa is a sister city to Pocatello Idaho, a bunch of kids from Pocatello are spending about 2 weeks here, many of which are lds. Unfortunately none of them came to church yesterday, but they still have a chance to repent next week.

Burton長老 and I found a very simple yet amusing little toy at Hard Off (basically Japanese Goodwill) last Wednesday, a video of which is included in this email. It kind of reminds me of how small and simple things can bring great joy (the best example of this being springy door stops, in my personal opinion), both in a temporal and spiritual sense.

I forgot to mention this last week, but recently, the Japan Sendai mission split, part of it going to the Tokyo mission and the rest joining us in the Sapporo mission! I haven't met any of the new missionaries yet, but it's exciting nonetheless. 

That's about all I can think to talk about, but I hope everyone's doing well. Have a good week, everyone! Matte ne! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Sherwood Chourou - Week 38 in Japan

Konnichiwa! We are back to the slowish days once more. We've been dendoing and teaching plenty, but nothing outstanding has arisen ...