Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Sherwood Chourou in DC - Transfer 2 (Weeks 3 & 4)

 Konnichiwa Mina-san!


So unfortunately, as I anticipated, it took 2 weeks to get enough to talk about for an email, but here I am.

As the subject says, this is my 2nd transfer in DC, as I got here 4 weeks into the previous transfer. Elder Longhurst has left to another area while Elder Mousser and I remain in Bethesda. Things got just a little quieter overall, now that there's only the two of us, but the work is going along just fine.

We actually started finding a good handful of people to talk to on Facebook, so the work is picking up a bit! I have gotten a couple opportunities to realize how rusty I am with teaching, what with self isolation and my two month break from service. Hopefully I'll be back in shape by the time we get some real lessons going!

That's pretty much all I've got to share these two weeks. As some of you may have noticed, I put up my complete cartoon I showed off last time on my Facebook page. I'll be putting up another one tomorrow (if nothing gets in the way), and I'll try to make it a weekly thing. Please check them out and share them; it just might help us reach someone in need! Besides that, I hope you all have a good week! Matta ne!

Pictures:
So there's this dessert in Japan called a bonbon (if I remember correctly), which is essentially just a balloon filled with ice cream. After some struggling and make-shift tool building, we managed to make one. These pics should give you a basic idea of what they're like.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sherwood Chourou - Week 38 in Japan

Konnichiwa! We are back to the slowish days once more. We've been dendoing and teaching plenty, but nothing outstanding has arisen ...