Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Sherwood Chourou - Week 1 in Japan

Konnichiwa, minasan! I'm finally out in the field, and everything's going well.

I was assigned to the Iwamizawa area, a nice little town with a nice little ward. They gave us a ridiculous amount of food yesterday! One of the Sisters I met in the ward is the sweetest old lady, and she's only about half as tall as I am! I feel so tall now. I can barely understand anyone besides by companion, Elder Olson, but that's okay.

The work seems to be slow going over here, but one of our investigators, Kato san, came to church yesterday! Hopefully things will keep moving forward with him as we serve him.

Apparently, Elder Olson's last companion left some things for me here, including a pikachu charm, a pair of lightsaber chopsticks, and 2 missionary handbooks (bringing my total up to 4)! They're so cool!

So that's pretty much all that's gone down over here. There are some peoole we're teaching who don't want to act on what they learn, and a member who doesn't like going to church, so I'd love for everyone to think of them in your prayers! We need all the spiritual help we can get over here. Thank you for all your support, and please remember to email me! I love hearing from everyone, whether have anything to respond with or not.

Matte ne (later), minasan!

P.S. I bring gifts of pictures
1. My fellow missionaries from the MTC
2-3. Sapporo temple
4-6. Cool park
7. Light saber chop sticks
8. Picachu charm









No comments:

Post a Comment

Sherwood Chourou - Week 38 in Japan

Konnichiwa! We are back to the slowish days once more. We've been dendoing and teaching plenty, but nothing outstanding has arisen ...