Wednesday, February 27, 2019

General Authorities Are Objectively Funnier than Normal People

Konnichiwa minasan! 

Well this week sure has been crazy busy what with Wada 長老 being in town and all. I feel like I was out of my area more than in it! But that's okay because a lot was learned and I'm excited about it. I really loved how he focused on expanding our vision of teaching. As a missionary, my favorite part of the whole thing is being able to teach, so I loved all the training on being able to teach more frequently and better. I think it's going to help us really make every moment with every person a teaching moment, especially with members. Just this week we went out to visit some former investigators with one of the members, and over lunch we discussed the temple and were able to start her really considering going and receiving her endowment. We're super excited about it. She's really awesome and already really loves the temple, so it's cool to be able to see her make steps further along the Covenant Path.

As for investigators, we're still doing our best. Iwamoto san is really open to learn, but progression is a whole other ball game. We've been struggling to teach for understanding, but I'm not sure how we could possibly be teaching more simply. Cooper 長老 suggested we go over plan of Salvation again, so we're going to try that, but as it is I'm just very confused as to what the problem is. A puzzle of the ages indeed, but so it is when you work with people I guess. Any and all prayers would be much appreciated. 🙏

We also had a lot of fun this week teaching the Kitamoto family. We do 30/30 with them, but because the kids are small, the English usually becomes some sort of game or song. This week I introduced them to Pterodactyl, Ooga Booga, and Bunny Bunny, and let me tell you, there is nothing funnier than watching small Japanese children playing American camp games. We followed it up with a family history lesson and gave each of the kids a "my family" booklet and they worked on it with their moms. It was super fun and the kids really liked it. Hopefully through family history the mom will be more interested in the gospel.

We're also planning a really awesome culture party for right before we transfer so the ward can have more ways to meet and friendship our investigators, and also so the ward can be more unified and friends with each other. We're each gonna teach how to make a food from our country and I'm really excited about it. Everyone will learn to make real brownies lol.

But yeah that's the general kanji of the week! Tune in next time to hear Sherwood Shimai sing something probably.

愛しています!💕
Sherwood 姉妹

1.) got to see the MTC squad! 
2.) fun times at stake conference todayyy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sherwood Chourou - Week 38 in Japan

Konnichiwa! We are back to the slowish days once more. We've been dendoing and teaching plenty, but nothing outstanding has arisen ...