Sunday, July 8, 2018

🌀Typhoon🌀Time🌀

Konnichiwa minasan!

You may have heard on the news but we had a way fun super typhoon out here in the Land of the Rising Sun! 

Bad news: there was lots of flooding and mudslides
Good news: not in our area. We are perfectly safe. All the missionaries and members in the mission are safe. 

But yeah we did lots of phone and LINE dendo this week due to rain the size of elephants falling from the sky. Luckily, Kita Rokko didn't have any damage at all really, everyone just stayed inside, so we could get lots of work done through the phone and everyone's okay. We even found two new investigators through the phone! It was crazy. #奇跡 

I got to koukan (go on splits) with Jones Shimai on Tuesday because our companions are Sister Training Leaders and they had to go to the Mission Leadership Coordination meeting so that was way fun! She's way awesome. We met a way cool couple at McDonald's and I think Jones Shimai was really happy that they liked talking in English. She said she wants to be just like me and I'm just over here like pls do not be me I have actually zero idea what I'm doing and I still miss Matsuyama too much you gotta go your own way my friend. I think the koukan was good for her though. We had a lot to do from hula dance practice with Naganuma Shimai to helping Kurose-San weed her garden. Jones Shimai had a lot of time to just kind of talk to me and tell me her thoughts, which I hope helped her. Turns out we have a lot of the same interests, which is fun. I hope she's doing a bit better now.

We did a practice baptismal interview with Natsuki chan and she passed with flying colors, just as expected. Her faith is so strong, and she has all the right reasons for wanting to get baptized. The only thing standing in her way now is the fact that her mom is hantai. 😢 We fasted with her yesterday and discussed a couple different ways to help bring her mom around, so hopefully she'll be able to make her date on the 22nd. The Hiranos have been really helpful in fellowshipping her, which I'm really grateful for. That family is the best. I want to work with them more because they're all very on fire.

Also woo EnglishConnect, the new Eikaiwa program is a thing now! We're in the process of trying to get that going asap, so we've been meeting with our dendo shunin fairly frequently. (he is also the best, just FYI. I'm so sad he's moving next month) We also talked to him a little about how we can better work with the ward, and not gonna lie I did not understand very much of that conversation because it is only I who is not fluent in Japanese, but long story short we're not sure how to balance the directive to open our mouths and also the directive to work as closely with the ward as possible. Probably I am not the best help, but I am also very much at a loss for what to do. I really feel like there's a more effective way for us to be working right now and I've been trying really hard to seek revelation on it, but I feel like I don't have anything and it's really quite frustrating actually. The situation here is very paradoxical and I don't know what it is I'm missing, but we're working on it. 

Also we keep meeting members here who love dance, interestingly enough. I miss social dance y'all. We've got a fun Hawaiian Night planned that's coming up soon and after that we're gonna try and set up a dance party with Hirano Kyoudai who apparently is way good at ballroom. #didn'tseethatonecoming 

Until then, we're staying dry and making those miracles happen! 

愛しています! (*^^*) 
Sherwood 姉妹

19歳 20歳


1-6.) pictures of the Rain from one of our investigators!
7.) this HiChew was a weird flavor. A Vietnamese lemon.

Gomen pictures are few and far between because of the typhoon












No comments:

Post a Comment

Sherwood Chourou - Week 38 in Japan

Konnichiwa! We are back to the slowish days once more. We've been dendoing and teaching plenty, but nothing outstanding has arisen ...