Monday, July 2, 2018

☔🌊Literal🌊Cats🌊and🌊Dogs🌊☔

Konnichiwa minasan, 

Plot twist we had transfers and now I'm in Kita Rokko with my new ai suru companion, Hattanda Shimai. She's Japanese and an STL. She's way cool. And brilliant. She's better at math than my dad. Not gonna lie, I'm still kind of very upset to be taken away from my beautiful angels in Matsuyama who I love, and I wanna go back really badly, but I'm in the process of getting over it. It's fine. I've received so much love from the members there. Daisuke even said "ζ„›γ—γ¦γ‚‹γ‚ˆ" for the first time ever. Bagoyo Shimai is a mom now, training her precious baby bean chan Moffat Shimai. Matsuyama is in good hands. πŸ‘πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ My oniichans (Katsu and Yuudai) are stepping up in my place. I'm so proud of them 😍

But anyway Kita Rokko is way interesting. It literally poured harder than I've seen in my entire life on Friday. And we were on foot. We were swimming in the air. I have video evidence. Gotta love living on an island. 🏝️🏝️🏝️🌊🌊🌊

We met with Bishop Ooshima before FHE on Saturday to get a feel of what he wants us to do. The vibe I get is he wants the members to be more unified, but I'm still not entirely sure what he wants us to do to help with that other than making member missionary work goals with the "100 Ways to Dendo" list that we made at the request of Renlund 長老, (Japanese is hard) but we're going to continue that meeting later this week so it's fine. Bishop is way strong. I can tell because everyone here supports him. After all, that's where all power comes from: the sustainment of the people you lead. 

As far as investigators go, Natsuki-chan became a shigansha yesterday. She's way cute and faithful and we help her with her homework everyday. And by we I mean Hattanda Shimai. Apparently high-schoolers here do harder math than I've ever done in my whole life and also they study the Japanese equivalent of Old English (like what Beowulf is written in. Like not actual English) so I'm actually useless in that endeavor. We love her, but her mom isn't super down with the whole idea of baptism. We're going to fast and pray with her and the ward next week in hopes that her mom's heart will be softened and she can be baptized. She's a fairly quiet person, and it seems like she's really solid in the commandments and wants to follow Jesus Christ, but I don't know how well that will stand up to heavy outside pressure just yet. This thing with her mom is probably going to be her big challenge of faith that determines whether the seed has strong roots or if it'll just be scorched by the sun.

It seems to me that Kita Rokko has the opposite problems that Matsuyama had. The members  are super strong, but I don't feel very trusted by them just yet. The feeling I get is that because they're so on fire, if they suspect that the missionaries aren't as fired up as they are, they'll draw back and just try to dendo all by themselves. But hey, I'm willing to step up to the plate and show them what I'm made of. Our current plan is to start with Bishop our dendo shunin, the family history consultant, and the rest of the Ward Council. If we can really get them to trust us, then it'll trickle down into the other members as well probably. In the meantime, I'm having to go out and house and street again and while I genuinely don't feel like it's effective, I'm willing to do it if it means it'll make the members trust enough to help us make appointments every day. πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ

More to come as the miracles pour down like how the ocean fell from the sky on Friday! 

愛しています! (*^^*) 
Sherwood 姉妹

1-2.) Planning and ice-cream with Yuudai 
3.) arm wrestling at FHE. Fujikawa Shimai destr o y e d me. 
4.) mom look at this way old corvette! 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Sherwood Chourou - Week 38 in Japan

Konnichiwa! We are back to the slowish days once more. We've been dendoing and teaching plenty, but nothing outstanding has arisen ...