Friday, October 11, 2019

Sherwood Chourou - Week 22 in Japan

Konnichiwa!

So I didn't mention in my previous email, but last week was zone conference (and zone pday, hence the late email). We talked about how important it is to have joy while out serving, because who's going to believe a pair of grumps know squat about God's Plan of Happiness? That gave me a bit of an extra boost this last week, which I'd say is a sign that it fulfilled its purpose.
As for zone pday, we did ultimate frisbee for a good bit and played "signs" a little for a mid-game break. For those who don't know signs, basically everyone sits in a circle with one person in the middle. The people in the circle use signals they made up and showed everyone earlier to pass around "the sign" while the person in the middle tries to tag the person who has it. It's very fun, and very crazy. We accidentally threw the frisbee into a river at one point. Luckily, a very friendly man came by and fished it up for us. We thoroughly thanked him and took the opportunity to tell him a snippet about the church (always be proselyting). That was a pretty good day.
Two days ago, we helped a grandma in the ward move into a new apartment. We had to screw in two curtain rods, but it was way more difficult than necessary because the only screwdriver we had was too short and thick to fit it the space we were working in. Afterwards, one of the brothers took us out to a shabu-shabu restaurant (kind of like a buffet where you boil your own meat). It was very delicious, and I took a pic for this email.
Yesterday, I got to meet one of our investigating friends for the first time! His name is Bobby, and he's from America (which helped me out infinitely). He seems really prepared, and though he isn't feeling ready to commit to baptism, I have a feeling he's well on the way to finding the truth. Please keep him in your prayers!
That roughly sums up my week. It's getting kinda chilly up here, so I'm having to pop out my sweaters (a concept fairly foreign to all my pals down in Arizonia). I hope you all are doing well, and have a good week! Matta ne!

Pics:
- ninjas need help with vending machines
- shabu-shabu
- me in a sweater




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sherwood Chourou - Week 38 in Japan

Konnichiwa! We are back to the slowish days once more. We've been dendoing and teaching plenty, but nothing outstanding has arisen ...