Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Sherwood Chourou - Wee 21 in Japan

Konnichiwa!

I've been in a bit of a funk these last few weeks, what with my first transfer out of Iwamizawa and with a Japanese companion, but I think I'm starting to get my grip again. I think my main issue was that I convinced myself that the onky correct way to do dendou (missionary work) was the way we did it in Iwamizawa, a false concept. That's the moral for this week, kids: don't get stuck on how things changed, just go with the flow and you'll do fine.
I actually have some stuff to share this time! I mentioned in last week's email that we saw many cats, but little did I know that more was to come that night. We were housing along this neighborhood when we got to an apartment. When we went inside, we saw a kitten hide behind some snow shovels. We kind of ignored in at first, but when we finished knocking doors there, we moved the shovels to shoo it back outside (there are many wild cats in Japan, and apparently people don't like them chilling in the apartments), but when we did, we found like five more kittens behind the same shovel! Upon being discovered, they all bolted out the door, except for one which tried to escape up the stairs. We followed that one up, and once it realized it was trapped, it jumped to the stairs behind us from about 5 feet up and scampered out! It was wild. I took a pic of the one that went upstairs, but the others were to quick.
On a less exciting note, I also found a bottle of Sprite in a convenience store. This might not sound all that noteworthy, except I haven't seen Sprite since getting to Japan and I was going through withdrawal. Also, today, I had a corn pizza. Yeah. Japan has weird pizzas. Finding a pepperoni pizza frankly takes a miracle (aka a Costco). Pics included.
That's all the time we have for today, folks! Hope you're all still intact and doing well! Matta ne!

Pics:
 - I tought I taw a putty tat
 - Hehe, "hond"...
 - Do you want a Sprite?
 - Yumnums





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sherwood Chourou - Week 38 in Japan

Konnichiwa! We are back to the slowish days once more. We've been dendoing and teaching plenty, but nothing outstanding has arisen ...