Monday, February 26, 2018

New Area!

Heyo minasan! 

Transfer calls came last week, and I'm now in Ibaraki, Osaka with Ashikari Shimai, my awesome, beautiful, wonderful nihonjin companion! We're fresh starting the area so neither of us really knows what's going on, but that's the fun of it I guess! 

But guess who just set a baptismal date....... THAT'S RIGHT ITS SHINJI, KATSURA'S BEAUTIFUL KINJIN WHO WE ALL LOVE AND ADORE!!!! He's gonna get baptized on April 1st! Easter Sunday!!!! We love him he's a miracle. I'm so excited. 

Since we just got to Ibaraki, not a ton has happened, but what has happened has been awesome! We got college dendoed (missionaried) by a couple guys when we went to the Ritsumeikan campus, but then they let us dendo them for a while as we drank smoothies in Starbucks and now they're potential investigators so heyo that was cool. Updates with that next week. 

We also got to meet with Cleary-san, the former shimai's investigator who's an awesome pianist who lives in both Japan and America! We called her and she was like "yeah come to my house in half an hour" and it was great!! She's a way cool lady.. 

Then on Friday we got to meet with Rena and Akasaka-san, former investigators who haven't met with missionaries since last year! They have interest too and it's way exciting! I hope we get to meet them again. Also,  I melted a bowl in the toaster oven because I'm dumb and forgot that microwave safe doesn't mean toaster oven safe as I tried to cook potatoes. I promise I know how to adult! (that's a lie don't believe me Idk what I'm doing ever) 

Saturday we had Sport's Night! And I got half good at badminton! It was way fun! The Takatsuki Ward mission leader is the Most Jouzu(TM) at badminton and he helped me serve the birdie better. It was great. Also we got to meet Hashizume-san! He's way nice and likes both the gospel and English! We're really excited to work with him. 

Sunday was way awesome though. We went around trying to find less-actives, and we met a guy who was way nice and willing to talk about the gospel! He even doesn't have work on Sunday! It was so awesome cos we went to try to find his house, and while we were in front of the door, wondering if it was actually his house he pulled up on his bike and started talking to us! He even gave us his number so we can set up an appointment with him! It's been miracles only! We're so blessed here. It's so much fun. 

Love you all! また来週!
Sherwood 姉妹 💖

19歳 20歳

1. Japan trains!


2. A statue performer we saw last week! You never see these guys here!


3. It's sakura (cherry blossom) flavor season now and it's delicious


4. I'm really good at cooking. Plastic Bowl Flambé anyone?


5. It me


6. The Book of Mormon: the Manga 笑



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sherwood Chourou - Week 38 in Japan

Konnichiwa! We are back to the slowish days once more. We've been dendoing and teaching plenty, but nothing outstanding has arisen ...