Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Sherwood Chourou in DC - Weeks 7 & 8

 Konnichiwa!


We're back again! This week has been pretty busy. I've been training Elder Schneider for the last two weeks thereabouts, and I think I've been doing it right! Probably. Hopefully. He seems like he's doing well, so I can't be doing anything that wrong, right?

We've done a decent amount of work these two weeks, as well. Not long after my second email, we were moved out of the Isolation Phase into Phase 1 of reopening, meaning we can meet some people in person now! We got to teach a family who moved in recently in person just last week, which was a great experience for Elder Schneider! Since then, we had many other lessons over phone and text messaging, and some of the people we taught show great progress! In summary, it's been pretty good lately.

Lastly, we got our transfer calls, announcing that Elder Mousser will be transferring out... and that apparently I'm about to be the new district leader!? I'm getting whiplash from the escalation of responsibility here, especially considering we're probably getting another companion in a couple weeks! We'll be seeing how this'll go over the next few weeks.

Anyways, that's me for now. Hope you all had a good two weeks, and wish you all another good round! Matta ne!

Photos
 - I've got 3 names now.
 - Elder Schneider, some weirdo, and Elder Mousser.
 - 3 trios of weirdos in our district.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sherwood Chourou - Week 38 in Japan

Konnichiwa! We are back to the slowish days once more. We've been dendoing and teaching plenty, but nothing outstanding has arisen ...