Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Sherwood Chourou - Week 36 in Japan

Konnichiwa!

It's the last few days of the transfer and I've got nothing to talk about. Yeah. Things have been pretty chill once again. We're doing plenty of dendou and are plenty happy through it all, but not a lot of note is going on. With that in mind, I'll just provide an encouraging thought.
In the Parable of the Talents from the New Testament (which at least most of you are probably familiar with), three servants were entrusted with varying amounts of money, or talents as the particular currency was called, which they were expected to invest and barter with for profit. The two who did as expected and put their funds to use were able to double their original values, whereas the third hid his trust rather than making use of it. One common interpretation of this parable is that when we use our talents, we gain more through our efforts. I can testify to the truth of this interpretation, as it has been actively happening while I've been out here. For example, as I've used my talent for drawing each day, not only has that talent itself improved, but I'm also learning how to utilize my art in missionary work, or in other words, I've begun to develop the talent of teaching. I promise that as we put our own several abilities to use, and more specifically good use, we can gain more talents and become able to do more good in the life we've been given.
Anyways, that's that. Hope you've all had a good week! Matta ne!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sherwood Chourou - Week 38 in Japan

Konnichiwa! We are back to the slowish days once more. We've been dendoing and teaching plenty, but nothing outstanding has arisen ...