Monday, December 30, 2019

Sherwood Chourou - Week 33 in Japan

Konnichiwa, Mina-san!

This transfer is going even faster than the last one and it's freaking me out! I must be getting old. Before you know it, I'll be serving a senior couple mission! Jokes aside, it's continuing to be a great experience working with Murakami Chourou.
This week, we did a lot of knocking doors, since no one really steps outside here unless they have no other option. There were a lot of "Bukkyo desu"s (I'm Buddhist) and "kekko desu"s (I'm good), but after a lot if work, we were able to find a good handful of people we may be able to teach! Its been a while since I mentioned getting a new friend, but I think we've been finding more people here than in my previous areas. Guess I'm finally starting to understand how to be a missionary!
Just 2 days ago, our branch had a little Christmas meeting/party. Lots of people we invited showed up, and we all had lots of fun! We had a ridiculous amount of refreshments, so we were well fed. We also played a makeshift golf ball-based curling game (if that makes no sense, just google curling stones amd hope for the best). My team won by 5 points in the first round and proceeded to lose by the same in the second round (somehow outstanding, pitiful, and average at the same time). Afterward, we went on emergency splits with Santa, so I went up to bring the gospel to the polar bears while Murakami Chourou spent the rest of the party with Santa as his companion. Lucky. He sent me a picture het took with him after I got back. Santa is awful skinny in person.
Yesterday, we had our special Sacrament Meeting, and a handful of the people we invited came there too! It was pretty great. We also got a ton of sushi from one of our friends, so our lunch was taken care of. After that, we went around and dropped off goody bags at some of our friends' houses. Hope they like them!
Today, we're heading down to Sapporo again for a Christmas-themed Zone Conference. Not positive what all that entails, but there will be a little talent show that all the missionaries will participate in (probably, some of us might not, I dunno). Murakami Chourou and I have decided to do a comedy skit to serve as a break from all the musicians. If I can get a video of it, I'll be sure to send it in my next email.
Anyways, that's my week! I've got another episode of Study Thoughts, so please enjoy it! Have a good week! Matta ne!

Photos:
 - Sushi, yum!
 - Murakami Chourou, Tomoki Dai-sensei (Murakami Chourou calls him that. It basically means headmaster.), and Santa Claus



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sherwood Chourou - Week 38 in Japan

Konnichiwa! We are back to the slowish days once more. We've been dendoing and teaching plenty, but nothing outstanding has arisen ...