Monday, July 29, 2019

Sherwood Chourou - Week 12 in Japan

Konnichiwa!

I repented this week and took a few pictures (they're comparatively menial, but it's fine.) I gave a talk yesterday, so I'm sending that too.

Anyways, this was a pretty good week. The lady from last week, Koshiyama san is now officially a shinyuu (we are now calling investigators this because it can mean either "best friend" or "God's friend" >w<), and we met a kid who happend to be Hibiki's neighbor, and he is also a new shinyuu! Fun san has a new baptismal date in 2 weeks, so that'll be exciting! Outside of that, not much has been going on, but it's been great nonetheless.

Hope you all are still doing well. Matte ne!

Talk:
Konnichiwa Mina-san! It has been almost 3 months since I came to Japan, and I am loving it here. It's been difficult for me to understand Japanese, sometimes, but as I've been studying Japanese, I've been able to enjoy talking with everyone.

Since I got here, I feel like I've learned a lot more about the gospel and God than I ever could before. Among the many things I've learned, I would like to share 2 truths. 1: Everyone can experience miracles. In the past, I felt like I couldn't see God's help in my life. I felt like I couldn't hear him answer my prayers. But in these last 3 months, I have gotten to see God's help in my own life as well as the lives of my friends here. God led Fun san to us, and even though we can't understand each other, we have been able to help him learn about and come unto Christ. God led us to Hibiki kun, and prepared his mind and heart to recieve his gospel. God has been helping everyone we've met, and he's blessed me to be able to see his miracles.

2: Everyone can do something to bring God's children home. I'm not a very social person. Even when I can understand someone perfectly, I like to just listen quietly. Because of this, it has always been hard for me to share the gospel with others, especially people I don't know. As I've been out serving the Lord, though, I have been able to recieve courage and speak with hundreds of people about Jesus and our loving Heavenly Father. I have also been able to see how many simple ways I can invite others to come unto Christ. From this, I learned that everyone, member or missionary, can do something to bring souls unto Christ. You don't have to stand on a mountain, shouting out the gospel to everyone you see. It could be as simple as inviting your friends over for dinner and family home evening. All you have to do is love your neighbor.

I am grateful for the many blessings God has given me. I thank Him for all the wonderful people here in Iwamizawa. I know that God loves us, that He performs miracles, and that he can help us all to do His work. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Pictures:
-Assorted bugs.
-I made a reconstructed-deconstructed french toast. T'was yummy. Added bananas for prettiness
-My shoes have seen war.
-Pretty flower garden.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Sherwood Chourou - Week 38 in Japan

Konnichiwa! We are back to the slowish days once more. We've been dendoing and teaching plenty, but nothing outstanding has arisen ...