Monday, December 4, 2017

Finally in the field!

Konnichiwa!

So I finally made it out here! Despite a slight delay in my visa, I made it to Japan safe and sound! I met the mission president and his wife, and they are so wonderful! The Kobe mission is really focusing on family history and less actives so we can get a temple here! Even more awesome is our mission scripture: Moses 6:34, which is incidentally my personal favorite scripture!

I only got to spend one day in the mission home because of my delay, but it was great anyway! I got to meet up with the rest of my district and spend one last day with them before we all parted ways. I love them all very much, but now I'm here in the Katsura area of the Kyoto zone with my awesome companion, Eaton Shimai! The members here are awesome and strong even though there's only about 30 of them. The chouroutachi serving with us (Emerson Chourou and Slack Chourou) are also super amazing. Everyone is raring and ready to work! I can tell that miracles are going to happen here, especially because Eaton Shimai and I are the first sisters here in a really long time!

We've actually already got five new investigators already, all with appointments with us next week! Interestingly, one of our best finding tools is teaching English. Lots of people here really want to learn! So we do this thing where we teach English for half an hour and then lesson for the other half. It's super exciting!

Also fun story, yesterday Eaton Shimai and I got locked out of our apartment! Our key wasn't working so we had to go on a huge adventure on lots of trains with the chouroutachi so we could stay with another pair of sisters. It was a little stressful, but the Lord was with us, and I knew he had a plan for us, so it was all okay. We talked to some awesome people on the trains, and I feel that somehow, we needed to be there, even though I don't know exactly why. Also we got a new key today so it's all fine now and I get to sleep on my own futon again tonight!

In other news, the food is soooo oishii~~~~ 😍😍😍 Shibata Shimai had us over for dinner yesterday and I almost died it was so yummy. We ate yakisoba and curry and vanilla mochi ice cream with chocolate in the middle. My yummy was very happy indeed. Today Eaton Shimai and I went to go eat shabu shabu, which is basically a boiling pot of soup/sauce that you cook meat and veggies in and then you dip it in egg and eat it and it's basically the best thing. I just wanna eat food constantly. 

I don't have a ton of pictures this week because they're all on my camera and we don't have access to a computer (yet) so gomen nasai. Demo, I'll include what I have and send you all the rest next week! 

愛しています!
Sherwood 姉妹

 
The best district ever (ζ„›γ—γ¦γ„γΎγ™γ‚ˆ)

 The coolest Kobe bean chans! 

Shabu shabu (aka happiness you can buy) 

 Our last gym takedown in the MTC

The squad overlooking the city of Kobe






No comments:

Post a Comment

Sherwood Chourou - Week 38 in Japan

Konnichiwa! We are back to the slowish days once more. We've been dendoing and teaching plenty, but nothing outstanding has arisen ...