Monday, October 15, 2018

Be Proud of Me I Did an Exercise

Konnichiwa minasan! 

This week has been very very busy. So many things have happened. I am very tired.

Monday we barbecued with the Koyamas for our birthdays! Mine, as you all know was about a month ago lol. Jones Shimai was the 11th, and Koyama Kyoudai's was the 10th. So we all barbecued! Well, it was clear Jones Shimai and I were the ones with most knowledge of lighting fires lol so it took us a bit to get it going, but it was delicious and Koyama Shimai made us cake! But it wasn't just any cake, no, it was SUSHI CAKE! What is sushi cake you might ask? Well, essentially it's a ring of rice topped with ikura (fish eggs), maguro (tuna), and salmon. It was really delicious. A really fun time. 

Tuesday we koukaned with the Amagasaki Shimaitachi and it was a really good time actually. We did this cool little setup where we put out a bunch of Books of Mormon on a table outside the church and tried to get the high school students passing by to do the Book of Mormon question challenge. It went fairly well, actually. We handed out three Books of Mormon and had a solid five contacts. Bills Shimai and I also went to visit their dendo shunin's less-active wife and shared a message about family history. It was super great. We used the #meetmygrandma video and talked about how our families influence us. We could tell she felt the spirit really strongly. She's a way nice lady. Also! When walking back home through the city we said hello to a guy and he was ridiculously open and wanted to talk to us so we started talking to him and turned out he had a crazy amount of interest and he was super excited to receive a Book of Mormon and said he wanted to come to church. This is why I struggle to have any desire to talk to people about anything other than Jesus Christ and the Restoration. If they're ready, they're ready. If they're not, they're not. Only the Spirit and God can change that. This is what I feel at least.

Wednesday we had lunch with a former investigator named Momoko who technically lives in Nishinomiya but all of her friends are in Kitarokko. We didn't know this though so we sent her as a referral to the Nishinomiya elders, wh then called her and long story short we got to meet with her and Atsuko Shimai. She's adorable and cool and we're gonna try to start teaching her and then try to pass her off to the elders. We showed her pictures of them at lunch and the verdict is that Pionita Chourou is an angel, and she was very touched that he tried so hard to talk to her over the phone. Shout-out to my boys over there. They're doing great work. What good noodles. Precious angels and servants of the Lord with the Spirit of God in their countenances. We have the best district leader and bean companion ever. ✌️

That same day we also got to help Naganuma Shimai with her PathwayConnect homework. She's learning math now so we helped her with reciprocals. It took me a sec to remember how to do it lol it was kinda sad. Low-key (high-key) want to get back into the swing of math again. I don't remember how to do like any calculus and this is very concerning to me. Who knows when I will need these skills???? I am not going to be sad when it's time for me to take math classes again, to be quite honest. It was also Bishop's birthday this week so we made him and his family a cake and we are very pleased because they were very pleased. Sweets dendo is the best dendo, hands down. 

Thursday. The best day. Both zone taikai AND my companion's birthday! So many things were learned and it was really nice to get to be around so many people I adore. Hugs aplenty. It was great. I really appreciate the supportive atmosphere of zone taikai. Everyone just leaves all pumped to talk to thirty million people with the fire of a thousand suns. Also Emerson Chourou did a really cool backflip and I was very impressed. If he can do that then we can probably talk to people lol. 

Friday was the day of SKK. We decided to do it at McDonald's in an attempt to find people. It went actually pretty okay! This cute little three year old named Ami-chan came up and talked to us and recited the ABCs. My soul was cleansed, all negativity washed away, the sky became a majestic azure hue, it was so pure. We told her mom about the 30/30 program and gave her our contact info. It was super cute. We also went to visit Nakamura-san to see if he would come to general conference, but alas he declined. Sad day. It's okay though we still love him. 

Also, everyone who knows me will be very surprised, but this week I climbed TWO mountains! (well technically one and a short jaunt but that's neither here nor there) Our lovely Suenaga-san adores hiking so we hiked with him twice this  week. The first time we drove up to the top of Mt Rokko and then hiked around a lake up there, which was really quite easy, and then Saturday morning we legit actually hiked from the base of a mountain up to the top at 592m. We also saw two whole snakes. They were cute cos they're the kind that eat spiders for us. Go lil snakes. Eat those spiders. 

Speaking of eating, for lunch that day I ate a natto roll, voluntarily, of my own free will. (and the crowd goes wild) I have video evidence. It wasn't that bad actually. I could probs get used to it. The rice and nori help with the snotty consistency. 

General conference! Was a blast! President Nelson is my literal favorite human. I found it really interesting how much of a focus there was on mothers and their critical part in these latter days. It's so wonderful and powerful to see how much the Lord appreciates His daughters and wants them to see their true divine potential. I'm so thrilled to be able to see where all of this is going to lead in the future as it happens. I feel that the day of the Lord's coming is fast approaching. Are we ready? Am I ready? Probably not, but I'm working on it. I hope to rejoice in that day with Him. I hope to rejoice with those that I teach. Now if only they can hope that too. :/

愛しています!💕
Sherwood 姉妹

Videos:

**I'm having trouble uploading videos. Will update when able.

Pictures:

1-2.) on top of the mountain which I don't remember the name of 
3-6.) on top of Mt Rokko
7-8.) sushi cake and barbecue! 
9-10.) zone conference nonsense with foam swords












No comments:

Post a Comment

Sherwood Chourou - Week 38 in Japan

Konnichiwa! We are back to the slowish days once more. We've been dendoing and teaching plenty, but nothing outstanding has arisen ...