Wednesday, October 25, 2017

A whole month!

Hey tomodachi (friends)!!!

So this week has been pretty awesome! We got new kohai (underclassmen, aka the Japan missionaries who've been here less than 3 weeks) and they're very cute. Grover Shimai and I have also been consistently teaching our lessons to our kyuudousha (investigators) without any Japanese notes with us, and it's been super liberating. We've been able to see a real difference in our teaching ability because of it. We're better able to teach by the Spirit and as a result, our kyuudousha have been making so much awesome progress! Higashimuki-san told us he has a desire to know who God is and how to pray and we got so excited! Ishikawa-san told us she feels the Spirit when we teach and that when she prays she wants to pray more!! She even prayed at the end of our lesson on Monday!!! We committed her to coming to church this Sunday and we're hoping that she is able to make it!

I love our kyuudousha so much. They're not "real" kyuudousha in the sense that our sensei (teachers) are acting as them, but they're all based on real people that our sensei taught in the field. Richardson Kyoudai was telling us about Higashimuki-san yesterday and I was about ready to cry. That sweet man's life is so sad! He's 60 years old and his job is walking 20+ miles every day putting junk fliers in people's mailboxes, even though he studied to be an anatomist, he was never able to find a job in that field. To make matters worse, he used to be married, but his wife was Chinese and there was a problem with her visa so she got deported back to China and he hasn't been able to see or talk to her since. But according to Richardson Kyoudai, he would always come to church with the biggest smile on his face because the gospel gave him so much hope. He's so sweet I wanna cry. It's these kind of stories that make me love the Nihonjin (Japanese people) so much. I can't wait to get out in the field and help more people like Higashimuki-san. 

In other news, our district has grown ever closer. We're like a bunch of weird siblings; it's awesome. I've been slowly drawing them all as practice for my art, but the drawings quickly got ridiculous. The other day, Komiya Chourou was making a really gross triple-chin face and I was like "I should draw that" and he was just like "do it" so I did. Then we were arguing over whether or not he looks like a cat, so I drew him as a cat to prove my point and we all watched him have a mini identity crisis over it and how similar they looked. So now I have a bunch of nonsense in my journals.

Oh also, on Sunday we watched an old MTC devotional by President Uchtdorf and Sister Uchtdorf and I've decided that Sister Uchtdorf is the cutest person on the face of the planet and I want to be just like her. Like wow. Life goals. 

Recently I've also been studying lots of Conference talks and such in my personal study time, so I'm gonna give you all a list of some awesome talks I've come across this week for y'all to check out!


I hope you all are doing awesome things! You remain in my prayers constantly. See you all next week!

Ai shiteimasu!
Sherwood Shimai​​



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sherwood Chourou - Week 38 in Japan

Konnichiwa! We are back to the slowish days once more. We've been dendoing and teaching plenty, but nothing outstanding has arisen ...